Field Research and Ethics in Difficult Settings Website
Working Paper Submission Guidelines
It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that manuscripts submitted comply with style and referencing guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style [16th edition] and observe author-date format for in-text (parenthetical) citations, with a reference list of sources cited at the end of the document. All manuscripts should be written in English, following spellings from Webster’s College Dictionary, 11th Edition.
- Working papers should be between no more than 10,000 words, including references and bibliography.
- Papers should be double spaced, in Times Roman 12 points, with 1-inch margins.
- Pagination: Arabic numerals on the bottom center, beginning with the second page of text.
- Title Page: Should contain author(s) name, affiliation and abstract.
- Affiliation: Institution and author’s e-mail address.
- Abstract: No more than 250 words.
- Key Words: List up to five key words associated with the research material.
- Heading and Subheading Formatting: Headings and subheadings should be bold, avoid section numbers.
- Figures and tables should be numbered consecutively, have headings, and provide full source information.
- Foreign words: Isolated words and phrases in a foreign language may be set in italics if they are likely to be unfamiliar to readers. If a definition follows a foreign word or phrase, the definition is enclosed in parentheses or quotation marks.
- Author biography and acknowledgements: No more than 200 words.
- References: Must be as complete as possible, and appear at the end of text, unnumbered, in alphabetical order. A single-author entry precedes a multi-author entry that begins with the same name.
- Papers will be reviewed by at least two members of the Field Methods Advisory Board prior to being published on the website.
- We welcome papers that the author wishes to publish anoynomously.